Friday, February 10, 2012


So these are the tulip blocks I have been working on.

The fabric is from daughter Anna Maria's "Chocolate Lollipop" and "Bohemian" lines.

Admittedly, I started on in it a couple years ago and this was as far as I got.  So I decided since spring was coming, it was time to tiptoe through the tulips once again.  I am happy to say that all of the blocks are assembled and "squared up" and I have only to do the sashing to have the top completed. 

There will be a total of 6 of these block combos:

My points are nowhere near perfect, but they will suffice for me.  Good thing I'm not in any county fair 4-H competition, though.  (Ahhhh, the memories!)

I did, however, come up with a trick to mark the leaf fabric pieces which were to be sewn only a designated length on the triangles.  My hands were just too clumsy to try to hold the template and fabric and get the pins in place.
So I taped my templates (with sewing dot marks up) on my sewing table right in front of my machine.
 Then I lined up the fabric pieces, and pinned the fabric at the corresponding spot on the fabric.
Lined up fabric pieces, pinned and sewed.

Ah, so much easier than juggling it all in midair!

Hoping to get the sashing done today.

 And then to find just the perfect backing.  Hmmmmm, I guess I'll just have to make a trip to the quilt shop.  Oh the horrors!  ;-)