Friday, February 3, 2012

NEW GOODIES

So a bit about our trip.
We started by driving to New York,  Believe it or not:  we actually drove through Manhattan at 9 PM on New Year's Eve on the way to our son's home on Long Island so we could fly our of Kennedy to Greece on Jan 1.
This lovely little knitting notion set was a very thoughtful gift from my daughter-in-law.  I transfered all my knitting tools for the trip in to these handy little bags and put the pattern for my granddaughter's sweater in the fold up pattern holder.  


And I did manage to finish the sweater while we were there.  I even found the buttons (that I was afraid were lost for good) when I got home.  So it's all ready now to pack up and send to her for her birthday --a special day we share--later this month.

Oh, I did do lots more than knitting.  We spent time with my husband's family; my husband spent a LOT
of time getting paper work arranged for our property there, and we spent quite a bit of time in the olive grove and OF COURSE, brought home some of the very best olive oil in the world!

Oh, and the pillow cases I had made before we left look great with the quilt I left there a couple years ago.


On our drive home from New York after the flight back to the US, I really enjoyed the other little goodie that was the rest of my Christmas gift from my daughter-in-law.  I think I might just have enough of the yarn left from the above sweater (even after making myself a mobius) to make a pair of slippers from this great little book.

 And today, I got started back on a quilt that I began several years ago.  I also have in my head ideas for a couple more quilts to take to Greece next trip.  It's pretty cool there on winter nights so they will be quite welcome additions on the beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment