Friday, June 29, 2012

I'VE BEEN BUSY . . .

Well, I guess it's been a while since I checked in with all of you.  I've been pretty busy in the quilting and knitting world.  (I'll just show you the quilting stuff for now, though,  as the knitting is for upcoming birthday gifts.  Oh, I must remember to wrap all those gifts before the family --yep all 18 or them-- start arriving tomorrow for our summer-time picnic weekend .

When I was last here I was working on the University of TN quilts.  I thought I had finished with all the useable pieces of fabric, but had these scraps left and just COULD NOT let it go to waste.



So I was able to come up with this small quilt (about 36x36).  I will have to get some backing for it.  My friend Jan had enough fabric to back the other 6.  (They were all about 40x54.)
 I'll get back to that sandwiching and quilting in a few days.

But in the meantime I wanted to finish these quilts so the older girls that end up sleeping on couches this week end will have something special to make the couch sleeping a bit more fun.

You may remember that these have been in the works for a while.  They are finally finished!

I'm calling this one Buttons and Bows:

And this one Tiptoe Through the Tulips:


Just right for girls' nightie time at Nani's house, right?


2 comments:

  1. Perfect and beautiful, Mary Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary Lynn,

    My favorite is "Tiptoe through the tulips". It is so pretty! You did a great job!

    I found this blog sometime ago and was delighted to see a quilter with the same first name as mine! ;-)

    Have a great day,
    Mary Lynn C.

    ReplyDelete