Saturday, July 28, 2012

QUILTS & SWEATERS

It's been a while since I've been around to give you an update on the status of all that University of Tennessee fabric that I "inherited" from my friend Jan.  Well, here it is.  These are the 6 quilts that went to Project Linus a couple weeks ago.  With the exception of one "baby/toddler size", they will be perfect for pre-teens or teens.  It's my understanding that's the size that the charity needs most.


And while I wasn't sewing the quilts, I spent my evening TV time completing this sweater that will be a an October birthday gift for one of my granddaughters.  I know, I'm really ahead this year.  I'm working on a January birthday one right now and have a pattern chosen and swatch completed for another January birthday.  Also working on a mindless baby quilt that I can easily knit while watching the Olympics these next few days.



And when I'm not glued to the TV cheering on the US athletes, I might just be in the sewing room trying my hand at  free motion quilting on the UT quilt I'm keeping for myself.  (I love the backing fabric I found for this quilt -- designed by my daughter's friend Denise Sdhmidt for Quilt Traditions.)


I'll check back and let you know when the quilting and binding is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment